The three year olds will wear a Memorial Baptist ELC shirt with Khaki bottoms and tennis shoes with velcro closures. Shirts will be available to purchase at supply night for $10. Three year olds will also need to purchase a Memorial Baptist ELC tote to carry their lunch and folder to and from school. *Mandatory for PK-3* The cost is $10. These will be available for purchase at the schools “pop up shop” on Aug. 17th.
6 weeks – 2 year olds will not wear uniforms, however, we would like them to wear clothes that can be easily removed to assist in potty training and diaper changing also please send your child in velcro shoes.
GRADES PreK 4 – 8th
The purpose of a uniform dress code is to enhance the safe and orderly environment of the school. It is our desire to implement and enforce a dress code that will allow for comfort, modesty, uniformity and eliminate distractions. Students are expected to maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance.
All students may wear:
Slacks and Walking Shorts:
- Khaki slacks or shorts. No denim allowed. Cargo shorts and pants are allowed.
- Slacks and shorts that have belt loops should be worn with a black or brown belt.
- Shorts may be worn year round.
- Shorts must be of modest length, no shorter than 2″ above the top of the front and back of the knee.
- School polos are to be worn Monday – Thursday and may be purchased from the school office.
- Memorial Spirit T-shirts may be worn on Fridays. Those are also available for purchase from the school office.
- Shirts may be worn tucked in or out. If tucked in, a belt must be worn.
Shoes and Socks:
- Leather shoes or tennis shoes must be tied and laced if appropriate.
- Socks must be worn at all times. Tennis socks may be worn, but they must be seen. Acceptable sock colors are white, gray, navy or black
- Girls may also wear white, gray or navy footed tights.
- No hats or head coverings may be worn in the building.
- Any jacket is allowed for outside wear.
- MBS Sweaters may be worn in the classrooms. They are available for purchase in the school office.
Additional information for boys:
- Boys must have moderate haircuts (hair must be off the collar and trimmed above the eyebrows) and be well groomed at all times. Slogans or symbols cut into the hair are not allowed. No earrings are allowed for boys. Undershirts must be the same color as shirt or white.
Free Dress Days
Please no sleeveless tops. Clothing should be free from inappropriate slogans or advertisements. Pants must be worn at the waist. There must be no writing on the back of shorts or pants. Tennis shoes must be worn. No boots, clogs, sandals, flip-flops or Crocs may be worn at anytime. Clothing must fit appropriately. If in doubt, it is best not to wear it.